Sunday, October 12, 2008

Good samaritians throw needy Sibu girl a lifeline

Guess who I spotted at the newspaper today?

Jeng

******

Jeng

*****

Jeng


*****

Vincent Liong a.k.a Ah Liong
"Caring : Liong always puts the interest of the students first"

Used to be St.Anthony's Penolong kiri kah? I don't quite remember. Haha I'm a bad student don't even remember Cikgu punya pangkat. What I remember those words he always said : Rubbish & instead of terus terang he said in the other way "terang terus" not fuh-nee k.. He said it in serious tone during assembly time. Dun play pray.
Currently SMK Sacred Heart principal.

The news was about a needy student, Irene who need financial help in her studies.
Page 12 in theSundayPost, 12 October 2008.

Some highlights that I can write in here:-
"It was a wonderful coincidence and everything fitted in nicely for it would have been disastrous had Irene (the needy student) chose to remain silent or even do something stupid in her moments of despair. Seeking help from Liong was the right thing to do as he is very understanding & approachable, always ready to listen and help with the problems of his students. Because of his good heart, his students not only regard him as their principal but also a father figure. During the school morning assembly, Liong would give his handphone numbers to the students, advising them to call him if they had any problems. It was actually his closeness to the students that eventually convinced Irene to seek his help".

"It's hard to find such a caring principal - I'm very grateful to him for helping me through my difficulties. I don't think I'm alone in believing all the students love our principal very much" she said.

"When he learned of Irene's plight, Liong immediately took action to help her. He agreed to postpone her exam while encouraging her to continue working hard in her studies".

"When Irene SMSed me that her mother had passed away and that she needed help urgently, the first thing that came to my mind was approach the Sibu Sacred Heart Secondary School Alumni Association of Kuching for financial assistance, " Liong recalled.

It's a message that since Irene could do so well and score 4As with just some donations from the alumni, what about the rest of the students? We aim to motivate them to study hard so that they can be just as good as Irene. - Vincent Liong, SMK Sacred Heart principal

I wonder why he never grow white hair & his face never look old ;P haha bad me. I'm not cursing ey. Just wondering how he jaga his image. Maybe Sacred Heart students more kuai eh...See his photos here.
Luckily Ah Liong did not give us his handphone no. during assembly time at St. Anthony. I wonder what will the nooty students will do with that. We will never expect... Good Luck to you Ah Liong !!
Those were the days ............

2 comments:

jingpengboy said...

he used to stomp into our class from the backdoor with his loudspeaker and once he shouted "Monkeys and elephants, pls sHUT UP!"
miss him a lot, he is a nice guy.

Anonymous said...

oh my luckily there is no students with heart attack disease. Plus his rotan too. Yeah he is a nice teacher

Blog Design By G. Jaquenod